Thursday, July 21, 2011

Picnik Cupcake Topper

Recently I decided I really want to start making my own cupcake toppers and other paper goods for the parties I do. However I really did not know how to, so I looked around and found out most people use forms of photoshop. Well guess what? It is not easy what so ever I was so lost and confused after playing around with it for about two hours and barely getting the shape I wanted I gave up. So my search was on again and that is when I came across this really cute blog tutorial by homemade by jill. It showed you how to make cupcakes toppers with picnik. For those of you who do not know what picnik is it is a very simple photo editing program on the web and the best part about it is, it's FREEE! yep you heard me right simple and free I was sold. So I read her how too guide and found out when I went to make them myself that picnik wouldn't allow me to make the first circle of the topper ( it's the first step on her tutorial.) So I decided to write a blog post showing everyone how to do so. You do not have to sign up to get any of the font, shapes, or stickers I used for any of the toppers I will show today.

To begin making these items simply follow this how to guide. Just skip the first two steps.
All you have to do to make a circle is go to the sticker button and choose the circle you can make it any color you please. 


Second all you have to do is make another circle now this can be any color.

 Now choose a sticker or a saying to put in the Middle and you are done.

 Here are two examples of things you can do with piknik. Cute tip go to your local craft store and get the 2" scalloped edge punch to add a little something extra.

Here is the link again to this adorable blog and great how to!


Helpful tips- I wrote this blog post on my hold blog and sadly did no tell anyone how to print it out. It is really very simple open up the image file  in paint then crop the image so it looks like this.

basically all cleaned up and minimal amount of white surrounding it ( you really cant tell in the picture) once you get it that way cup can paste it in Microsoft word and you can play around with the sizing there usually i make mine around 2" maybe a tad bigger depending. I usually use a 2" scalloped circle punch for topper so I will make a "template" by punching the shape out and simply putting it up to the screen.


No comments:

Post a Comment