Friday, June 8, 2012

Lola turned two Fresh Beat Band style!!!


This year my little trouble maker turned two, and to celebrate I decided to throw her a Fresh Beat band themed party. I really wanted to keep the party as simple as I could, and I personally think it turned out perfect. We had so many little bumps in the road between them switching the character Marina which wouldn't have been such a big deal except they changed the color of her outfit and some of the printables so some had the old one some had the new one, then me and the little on got sick and I mean I lost my voice and we both had fevers for a week sick. Thankfully two days before the party we both started feeling better.  Below you can find all the details to party and some links to find what you need to make your little ones big day perfect!

First off the favors, for the favors I used the free Fresh Beat Band printable sets to make thank you cards and coloring sheets which I included in the goodie bags along with candy and a set of crayons they also received a microphone, a backstage pass (which was also from Nick Jr.) and the kids had a choice between a maraca or a tambourine everything was found in the Target dollar bins ( can you say score?). For the adults I set out chocolate covered pretzels in the shape of a microphone it was something simple and super tasty that went perfectly with the theme.



Just a little note for the back stage passes I recommend laminating them or buying the badge holders from the store it makes them look a little more official.




  Next up decorations, we went super simple we had streamers, tissue paper pom poms, and paper lanterns in coordinating colors hung threw out the house. For the center pieces on the table I made tissue paper flowers that matched the decor and stuck them in a old formula containers which I wrapped in card stock. To bring the music aspect into the party I used paper mache music notes I found at Michaels and stuck them in the middle for the arrangement. 

                                

                                                   

For the kids I set up a V.I.P table with plastic cups which they could take home as an extra party favor.

Finally food and desserts, for the main dish we had pizza because of The Fresh Beat Band's new hang out is the Singing Pizza Cafe. I even made sure they didn't cut the pizza so I could make the slices giant like in the show. We also had chocolate covered bananas rolled in granola which were completely amazing to represent the song "let's go bananas" which also happens to be one of Lola's favorites songs by them. For the sweet treats we had frosted sugar cookies in the shape of music notes and the number two. We also had funfetti cupcakes and funfetti microphone cupcakes which the kids loved. I spray painted the cones with  silver Wilton color mist food spray to make them look a little more like microphones. I also had gumballs and candy sitting in jars on the table for everyone to grab as they pleased. I recommend buying the tiny gumballs especially if you plan on having small children at the party.

                                                     





The Birthday girls cupcake.

                                                    

I am beyond happy with how this all turned out the birthday girl and guest had a blast and Lola literally danced her self to sleep. If you have any questions about where I purchase any items just let me know. Also in the next few weeks I will be posting some tutorials from this party including how to make the tissue paper flowers and the chocolate granola bananas.

One last thing was anyone else annoyed with how they switched Marina?




No comments:

Post a Comment