Friday, November 30, 2012

Halloween treats

So this past week Lola had her Halloween party for her toddle time class it's was adorable seeing a bunch of 2 year olds getting excited to see all their friends dressed as their favorite characters. The most important part to me was making sure the treat I brought was amazing since a good treat sent in for parties means your kid is automatically cool.

So I made monster cupcakes you can find ideas anywhere and everywhere. For Lola's I used funfetti cupcakes with plain vanilla frosting that I colored fun and bright colors. I used three different tips to provide the three different looks. My favorite is the straggly looking monster, for that one I used Wilton tip 233(the grass tip). The eyes where a problem I was looking for bright colors and was just not having any luck. So I settled on the ones shown which wasn't horrible since the cupcakes still looked cute and the kids loved them. But the best part of the rings they were only 25 cents each at Party City and they were tiny so they fit the little ones fingers.

Now for the cookies those were Lola's teachers gift. I found the inspiration from Sweet Adventures of Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle and LilaLoa. They are both insanely creative women who have excellent tutorials on their sites which made a big difference when making these cookies as you can tell I am still perfecting my skill of cookie decorating but I actually write on the cookies now with royal icing, don't laugh that's a big deal since I have barely legible hand writing.


The cookies below were my favorite cookies they were so cute, simple and just plain perfect.



Now for the cuteness, Ms.Lola was a mermaid but not just any mermaid she was a Dora mermaid which if you have a toddler girl means she is immensely more amazing then any other mermaid. Now hold your breath for the price of the costume you'll be amazed (drum roll) $15 + a few hours of my time, blood, sweat and tears. Okay minus the blood and keep the tears because well sewing is frustrating for me. However if you have a handle on sewing I would recommend this tutorial. The only thing I switched up is making the length longer and making her top into a tube top. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I have ventured over from the Bloggy Moms hop. I'm enjoying this little peak into your world! Just lovely! XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete